Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! is an all-new 22-minute animated comedy series from Warner Bros. Animation. The Scooby gang is back with a modern comedic twist on the beloved classic. With high school over and one last summer to live it up, the gang hits the road in the Mystery Machine, chasing fun and adventure. But monsters and mayhem keep getting in the way.
- Mindy Cohn as Velma Dinkley
- Grey DeLisle as Daphne Blake
- Matthew Lillard as Shaggy Rogers
- Kate Micucci as Velma Dinkley
- Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo and Fred Jones
- Mystery 101
- Game of Chicken
- All Paws on Deck
- Poodle Justice
- Grand Scam
- Trading Chases
- Be Quiet, Scooby-Doo!
- Screama Donna
- Kitchen Frightmare
- If You Can't Scooby-Doo the Time, Don't Scooby-Doo the Crime
- Area 51 Adjacent
- Where There's a Will, There's a Wraith
- Me, Myself and AI
Jay Bastian says of the development of this show, "The last Scooby-Doo [series] we did was a little more intense, and a little scarier. This new one is much more cartoony and silly. [...] What we've got so far is really funny."
To match the comedic tone, the gang was given a more edgy look; they're basically the hipsters of their world. Just as in the original series, there will be no romantic attachments within the gang and Scooby will have limited "dialogue". Fred has also outfitted the Mystery Machine with a slew of gadgets.
Notes and trivia
- As a tie-in to San Diego Comic-Con International 2014, TV Guide and Warner Bros. partnered up and released a special edition of their current and upcoming shows, including an exclusive preview of Be Cool, giving a glimpse of what to expect and the first look of what the whole gang will look like.
- This is the first Scooby-Doo series to be developed without the involvement of Casey Kasem, who died on June 15, 2014.