The first season was produced by Hanna-Barbera and aired on CBS; Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, George Carlin, and Bernie Casey reprised their movie roles. In the second season, DiC took over production and moved the show to Fox Kids.
- Keanu Reeves as Theodore "Ted" Logan
- Alex Winter as Bill S. Preston, Esq.
- George Carlin as Rufus
- Bernie Casey as Mr. Ryan
- Danny Cooksey as Deacon Logan
- Peter Renaday as Detective Logan
Episodes produced by Hanna-Barbera
- One Sweet & Sour Chinese Adventure – to Go (9/15/90)
- The Birth of Rock 'n Roll; or, Too Hip for the Womb (9/22/90)
- A Most Excellent Roman Holiday (9/29/90)
- Model 'T' for Ted (10/6/90)
- The More Heinous They Are, the Harder They Fall (10/20/90)
- Birds of a Feather Stick to the Roof of Your Mouth (10/27/90)
- A Black Night in San Dimas (11/3/90)
- Pocket Watch Full of Miracles (11/10/90)
- This Babe Ruth "BABE" Is a DUDE, Dude (11/24/90)
- When the Going Gets Tough, Bill & Ted Are History (12/1/90)
- Never the Twain Shall Meet (12/8/90)
- A Job, a Job – My Kingdom for a Job (12/15/90)
- A Grimm Story of an Overdue Book (12/22/90)
The first episode of the first season was released as a special feature on the Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Collection DVD box set, and on the Blu-ray of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
In 2013, TGG Direct, LLC (under license from MGM Home Entertainment) released a two-disc "Best of" DVD. Disc 1 has most of the episodes from Season 1 (five episodes are missing), while Disc 2 has the complete second season. It was a Wal-Mart exclusive at first, but now it's available nationwide.
- Australia: Seven Network, 1991/92
- Chile: TVN, 1991–95; Canal 13, 1996–98
- New Zealand: TV3, 1992/93
- Philippines: TV5, 1992/93
- United Kingdom: Channel 4, 1991–93