Kemal Amin "Casey" Kasem (April 27, 1932–June 15, 2014) was an American radio host and animation voice actor. His most noted radio experience was when he created and hosted the radio show American Top 40 from 1970 to 1988 and from 1998 to 2004. He also narrated several educational segments for the TV series Sesame Street.
- Groovy Groove on Cattanooga Cats
- Shaggy Rogers on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! and successor series
- Alexander Cabot III on Josie and the Pussycats
- Robin on Super Friends
- Kasem and his wife, Jean, were panelists on the John Davidson and Tom Bergeron versions of The Hollywood Squares.
- Kasem also made a cameo appearance during the closing segment on the syndicated game show Family Feud on February 14, 1989 when Ray Combs was hosting. His wife, Jean, was among celebrities playing for charity that week.
- Kasem was of Palestinian and Lebanese heritage. He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1992. A strict vegetarian, Kasem insisted that Shaggy also be a vegetarian.