- First aired: September 25, 1982
- Story by: Dick Robbins and Bryce Malek
- Duration: 11 minutes
- Peter Cullen as Pete the Pup and Officer Ed
- Patty Maloney as Darla Hood
- Julie McWhirter Dees as Alfalfa, Porky and Woim
- Scott Menville as Spanky
- Shavar Ross as Buckwheat
- B. J. Ward as Butch
The Rascals are involved in a game of football, and as Alfalfa runs with the football, he ends up crashing into a trash can, but then has an encounter with Butch and Woim. Butch kicks the football into an abandoned mansion (such as one might see in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!) that is said to be haunted by the ghost of Captain Mildew.
When the gang attempt to enter the mansion to retrieve the football, Officer Ed approaches them, and informs the gang that the mansion is private property. Darla tried to explain the situation, but Officer Ed still ordered the gang to leave the area to avoid further trouble. The gang felt down, while Butch and Woim imitated chickens, claiming the gang are too cowardly. The gang wanted to prove they are not cowards, so they decided to enter the mansion later at night, when everyone else in Greenpoint is most likely in bed.
While in the mansion, Butch and Woim were stirring trouble, playing pranks to try to scare the Rascals away. But the Rascals were unstoppable, as if nothing scares them. They eventually had an idea on how to scare Butch and Woim away. The next day, the Rascals were in a garage building a replica of a rocket, along with outer space backgrounds. When Butch and Woim arrived at the garage, they entered the rocket, and the gang had made sounds and used props to make it seem like the two bullies were being launched into outer space. When Butch and Woim thought they landed on the moon, Pete came out dressed as an alien. Scared stiff, they ran away into a mud puddle, and the Rascals gave the bullies the last laugh.
- Continuity error: After the Rascals reached the head of the stairs in Mildew Manor, Darla was seen in her cheerleader outfit, when she was supposed to be wearing her traditional dress - which she did wear before and after.
- Continuity error: When the Rascals are shown in silhouette looking at the portrait of Captain Mildew, Alfalfa appears to be in the group. Alfalfa had earlier been left in a separate room, where Butch pretended to be Alfalfa's mirror reflection.
- This was the first episode of the series.
- This episode was originally expected to air on September 11, 1982, but was delayed two weeks because of an animators' strike.
- When the gang exit the garage to foil Butch and Woim's antics, after building a fake rocket, Alfalfa made a sexist remark "ladies first" to Darla. As she was the first to exit the garage, she kissed Alfalfa on the cheek. Given that Darla appears to be 6 years old in the series, this practice would constitute sexual harassment in real life.