Mojo Jojo created the boys by flushing armpit hair, snails from the cafeteria, and the tail of the talking dog down a jail cell toilet that contained the apparent potency of Chemical X (snips, snails, and puppy-dog tails). They have very similar abilities to the Powerpuff Girls, but they all possess very easily targeted weaknesses, originally an aversion to Cooties (fixed by HIM), shrinkage when their egos are damaged, and an obsession with destruction that can lead to their own downfall.
In a sense, they can be seen as a dark reflection of the Powerpuff Girls, seeing as how Mojo Jojo had a hand in the creation of the Girls as well as the Boys. The key difference is that while the Powerpuff Girls were created by accident when Mojo Jojo (still Jojo) shoved Professor Utonium, accidentally breaking the bottle of Chemical X, the Rowdyruff Boys were created by Mojo on purpose. Mojo also has the opposite feelings for the Rowdyruff Boys in that he sees them as his children, while he outright despises the Powerpuff Girls. They are more powerful than the girls, but have easier weaknesses.
- Brick is the counterpart to Blossom. His color is red, and his element is a puppy dog's tail.
- Boomer is the counterpart to Bubbles. His color is blue, and his element is snips.
- Butch is the counterpart to Buttercup. His color is green, and his element is snails.
- "The Rowdyruff Boys" (debut)
- "Bought and Scold" (flashback)
- "Divide and Conquer" (poster cameo)
- "The Boys Are Back in Town"
- "Boy Toys"
- "The City of Clipsville" (shown in clips as teenagers; non-canon)
- "Bubble Boy"
- "Live and Let Dynamo" (in the girls' imagination)
- "Custody Battle"
- Powerpuff Girls Wiki: The Rowdyruff Boys (characters)
- RowdyRuff.net (archived fan site)
- Rowdyruff4life (another fan site, with defective links)