Arabian Nights is an animated special for television produced by Hanna-Barbera and premiered on TBS on September 3, 1994. This special is animated with bright colors, stylized character designs and a flater style to the previous television movies, and musically scored like a classic Warner Bros. cartoon, similar to Steven Spielberg's Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. It is an adaptation of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights.
Despite the cameo appearances, this was the final cartoon from Hanna-Barbera Productions to feature its famous classic characters Yogi Bear and Boo Boo, Scooby-Doo and Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, and Magilla Gorilla. In addition, a string of new characters were made for this special and it was also the last time that Don Messick voiced Boo Boo and Scooby-Doo.
Scooby and Shaggy are hired as royal food-tasters by a young Arab Caliph — a job offer they can't refuse. When they eat everything, the Caliph gets mad and has his guards chase them, until he finds Shaggy disguised as a harem girl. In order to make the prince fall asleep, Shaggy tells him two classic stories: The first tale is about a female character named Aliyah-din and how the genies (played by Yogi and Boo Boo) help her obtain the love of a prince while thwarting the plot of the evil wizard Haman.
The second and final tale is about Sinbad the Sailor (played by Magilla Gorilla) and how he mistakes a pirate ship for a cruise ship. When Shaggy is about to escape, the Caliph decides to start the ceremony right away. When the wedding cake arrives, Shaggy pigs out and his ruse is discovered. He and Scooby are asked to be the royal storytellers, and the duo accept as well as being the royal food tasters again.
- Charlie Adler - Pirate Captain, Royal Guard #1
- Greg Burson - Yogi Bear, Royal Chef
- Brian Cummings - Flying Carpet Driver, Royal Guard #2, Sultan
- Eddie Deezen - Caliph
- Paul Eiding - Scribe
- Jennifer Hale - Aliyah-Din
- Nick Jameson - Kitchen Worker, Dress Worker
- Tony Jay - Lord of the Amulet
- Casey Kasem - Shaggy Rogers
- John Kassir - Haman
- Maurice LaMarche - Cyclops
- Allan Melvin - Magilla Gorilla
- Don Messick - Scooby-Doo, Boo Boo Bear
- Rob Paulsen - Prince
- Kath Soucie - Princesses, female townsfolk
- Frank Welker - Baby Ruhk Bird, Mother Ruhk Bird, Robot Dragon