Superfriends was a long-running franchise of animated action series produced by Hanna-Barbera for ABC between 1973 and 1986, featuring characters from DC Comics. The core heroes were Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Batman and Robin. The last two had previously been guest stars on The New Scooby-Doo Movies. Later series added more heroes and villains.
In the inaugural series, produced for the 1973/74 season, the five core heroes are joined by Wendy Harris and Marvin White (the "Junior Super Friends") and Marvin's pet, Wonder Dog. The heroes assemble in the Hall of Justice and receive assignments from Colonel Wilcox. Each of the 16 episodes was an hour long, and the "villains" tended to be well-intentioned extremists.
When Super Friends was revived in 1977, the stories were reduced to fit the standard 30-minute slot. Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog were replaced by Zan and Jayna, the shape-shifting Wonder Twins, and their pet monkey, Gleek.
- Sherry Alberoni as Wendy Harris
- Norman Alden as Aquaman
- Danny Dark as Superman
- Shannon Farnon as Wonder Woman
- Casey Kasem as Robin
- Olan Soule as Batman
- John Stephenson as Colonel Wilcox
- Frank Welker as Marvin White and Wonder Dog
- The Power Pirate
- The Baffles Puzzle
- Professor Goodfellow's G.E.E.C.
- The Weather Maker
- Dr. Pelagian's War
- The Shamon "U"
- Too Hot to Handle
- The Androids
- The Balloon People
- The Fantastic Frerps
- The Ultra Beam
- The Menace of the White Dwarf
- The Mysterious Moles
- Gulliver's Gigantic Goof
- The Planet Splitter
- The Watermen
- The All-New Superfriends Hour (1977/78)
- Challenge of the Superfriends (1978/79)
- The World's Greatest Superfriends (1979/80)
- Superfriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (1984/85)
- The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians (1985/86)