The Flintstone Comedy Show was produced by Hanna-Barbera for NBC in 1980. Unlike the earlier Flintstone Comedy Hour on CBS, this hourlong series was produced in an anthology format. Segments included:
- "The Bedrock Cops": Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble were portrayed here as part-time police officers, assisted by the Shmoo from Li'l Abner.
- "Captain Caveman": In a spoof of the Superman mythos, Captain Caveman protected reporters Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble, and other residents of Bedrock, from various master criminals.
- "Dino and Cavemouse": In yet another variation on the Tom and Jerry formula, Dino pursued a crafty mouse in Fred's home.
- "The Frankenstones": Living next door to the Flintstones was the family of Frank and Hidea Frankenstone, who were influenced about equally by The Addams Family and The Munsters.
- "Pebbles, Bamm-Bamm and Dino": This segment featured Pebbles Flintstone, Bamm-Bamm Rubble and Dino as amateur detectives, in the manner of Scooby-Doo.
- "Flintstone Family Adventures": This was always the last segment of each installment. Its plots were very similar to those of the original prime-time series.
This show was later repackaged as The Flintstone Funnies.