The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries is the 1984/85 series in the Scooby-Doo franchise. As in the preceding season, this series featured Scooby-Doo, Scrappy-Doo, Shaggy Rogers and Daphne Blake in the classic comedy-mystery format. Fred Jones and Velma Dinkley made guest appearances.
The opening to this series has more of a music video motif, with monsters participating in a line dance in the same fashion as Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video, which was a 1984 cult classic.
In the series, Daphne was given a slight update - she is now bare-legged instead of wearing her traditional pink pantyhose, and her shoes are sometimes darker instead of the traditional lavender. This change may have been due to the series being animated using computers instead of traditional cel animation, which explains the very clear video quality, unlike with past Scooby-Doo series. The computer animation may not have had a certain shade of pink designed for her pink pantyhose, hence her bare legs in this series.
This series has been rebroadcast in Canada on either Teletoon or Teletoon Retro, as indicated by the "C" rating icon designated by the Government of Canada. It is unknown when it aired on either of these cable networks. It did air on ASN once a week, just after ABC aired the designated episode during the 1984-85 season.
This series was never released to DVD as of March 2018, as was the case with The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show, although select episodes were included on various DVD compilations. However, the entire run of The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo did get a full DVD release.
- Casey Kasem as Shaggy Rogers
- Don Messick as Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo
- Heather North as Daphne Blake
- Happy Birthday, Scooby-Doo (two parts)
- The Hand of Horror/Scooby's Peephole Pandemonium
- Scoo-Be or Not Scoo-Be?/The Stoney Glare Stare
- Mission Un-Doo-Able/The Bee Team
- Doom Service/A Code in the Nose
- Ghosts of the Ancient Astronauts (two parts)
- South Pole Vault/The Night of the Living Toys
- A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle (two parts)
- Showboat Scooby/The Dooby Dooby Doo Ado
- Sherlock Doo (two parts)
- A Scary Duel with a Cartoon Ghoul/E*I*E*I*O
- The Nutcracker Scoob (two parts)
- Most syndicated rebroadcasts of Hanna-Barbera series usually have pre-opening spoilers edited out, but reruns of this series has the spoilers kept intact.
- The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries at the Big Cartoon Database